For most kids bedtime is a nightmare, their worst enemy, and something most kids dread looking forward to. Well instead of the typical bath, brush teeth and bed what if you change your routine just a bit to assist you with a more relaxed and easy going bedtime. Below are tips on changing the typical 'before bed time actions" to a more non-typical approach.
1. For small children under the age of 3 years practice bed time a few times per day this helps tremendously with their understanding of the process and make bed time less difficult.
2. Reverse your usual routine: Bath, play time, dinner, playtime, bedtime. In most cases we have a eat, playtime, bath and bed routine switch long things up is always good!
3. Playtime before bed utilizing dolls, and stuffed animals while role playing, have your child put the dolls to bed and commend the “dolls” or stuffed animals on how great of a job their doing being a big boy/girl.
4. Stick with the same night time routine for at least 3-4weeks before giving up and saying this isn’t working. Every system needs that adapting time.
5. Be patient and trust your process!